Accessing the MacDiarmid Institute funding
Types of funding available
- Research Programme funding application rounds are generally held April-May and October-November each year. Research Programme Leaders (RPLs) will invite the Investigators in each programme to apply for programme funds to support their MacDiarmid Institute-aligned research.
- Investigators are also able to apply to the Institute’s Science Executive for funding from the MacDiarmid Institute Emergency Equipment Repair fund.
- Calls for Biannual seed-funding for early stage commercial ideas/projects:
- Calls are made by email to all Investigators approximately March/April and September/October of each year. However, applications for seed-funding can also be made outside of this timing to the Deputy Director for Commercialisation and Industry Engagement.
- Calls for Research Assistants (RAs) are made via email
- Calls for Summer Lab Internships for Māori and Pacific Island students
- funding, from time-to-time, Associate Investigators may apply to the Science Executive Committee for this, but it is infrequent.
Return to the Information for Investigators page